Consistent with our institutional themes of access to justice and transnational law, we strive to ensure that our students develop all the necessary skills and competencies of the ethical legal professional. To this end, we offer a multitude of clinical and experiential learning opportunities for our students, including in the area of law and technology. Our flagship clinical program, the International Intellectual Property Law Clinic, enables our students to work with clients on both sides of the Canada-US border. The International IP Law Clinic offers students an excellent opportunity to put their education into action with the International IP Clinic’s Annual Patent Drafting Competition held at the University of Detroit Mercy each year. This competition offers student teams the opportunity to present their patent applications in front of a panel of judges comprised of patent examiners, practitioners and several high profile guest judges.
As a faculty, we are committed to our moot programs, which include our participation in the Oxford International Intellectual Property Moot that provides international and transnational law experience to participating students. In addition, special multidisciplinary experiential learning projects involving law students, business students and engineering or science students, are conducted in collaboration with the EPICentre innovation hub on campus.
Experiential Legal Education and Other Opportunities for Students:
- Foundations of IP Strategy- free online course (Sponsored by CIGI)
- A Field Trip to the Exhibit – Feedback 4: Marshall McLuhan and the Arts
- Outdoor Legal Education: An afternoon at the museum with Wafaa Bilal
- An Afternoon At The Museum: Experiencing Copyright Law Outside the Classroom
- 2018 Artificial Intelligence and Human Rights Student Symposium
- Outside the classroom: Windsor law copyright students meet filmmakers
- Online Civil Rights Project-collaboration between Windsor Law and Spark LLP
All experiential learning at Windsor Law: http://www.uwindsor.ca/law/341/clinical-and-experiential-learning