Previous LTEC Lab Events
2018 International Patent Drafting Competition (February 2018)
Autonomous vehicles are often referred to, by designers and policy-makers alike, as a technology that will bring greater inclusivity and accessibility to transit. This panel brought together experts in autonomous vehicle technology and regulation, accessibility, and city transit planning to discuss some of the technological, regulatory and accessibility questions surrounding autonomous vehicles, and to highlight access to justice issues related to the potential growing use of autonomous vehicles within cities.
Book Launch: Pascale Chapdelaine, Copyright User Rights, Contracts, and the Erosion of Property
The event featured a talk by the author on her influences and the book’s key themes and takeaways, as well an introduction by Bob Tarantino, which highlighted the significance of Prof. Chapdelaine’s contribution to the copyright user rights discourse. For a summary please check out IP Osgoode’s blog about the event here. You can find out more about the book here.
The International Intellectual Property Law Clinic hosted a discussion about trademarks and trademark careers from an international perspective provided by the Commissioner for Trademarks from the United States Patent Office (USPTO), Mary Denison and Director General, Information/Business Services of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office (CIPO), Darlene Carreau.
Ryan Calo, Lane Powell and D. Wayne Gittinger Associate Professor
University of Washington School of Law
– Video coverage of interview with David Vaver, Osgoode Hall Law School & University of Oxford
– Meera Nair, Copyright Officer, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, discusses her experience at the 2017 Copyright User Rights and Access to Justice Symposium
Faculty Seminar Series:
A Leap of Faith into the Future of 3D-bioprinting: A Patenting Perspective (March 2017)
LTECLAb Wine and Cheese and Round Table Discussion on Autonomous Vehicles (March 2017)
2017 International Patent Drafting Competition (February 2017)
WINTER 2017 EPIC LAW SERIES: Lunch and Learn
International IP Clinic Launch Event (January 2017)
• Copyright or Patent: How to Protect My Software
18 October 2017, University of Windsor
• Copyright: Hero or Villain? Fundamentals for Entrepreneurs Artists and Creators
25 October 2017, University of Windsor
• Strategic Ways to Use Industrial Designs to Build IP Value
8 November 2017, University of Windsor
• What’s in a Name? Examining the Interaction Between Branding and Trademarks
29 November 2017, University of Windsor